38mess
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• 38mess
      38mess replied to the thread Diesel injector question.
      Just had my Perkins M30 injectors refurbished. Apparently they were all 'Rubbish' £75 each, new nozzles. Backstreet garage.
    • 38mess
      38mess replied to the thread Tally Ho.
      A remarkable man Leo...a perfectionist, which has taken its toll on him by his own admission, you can certainly see it in his face. I...
    • 38mess
      38mess reacted to Wansworth's post in the thread Tally Ho with Like Like.
      On another channel they have just launched a boat called Yabba……..just looking at the empty cans of anti foul give an idea how much big...
    • 38mess
      38mess reacted to NormanB's post in the thread Tally Ho with Like Like.
      , Leo is a remarkable young man. This project required vision and a lot of skills, not least his leadership, management, team building...
    • 38mess
      38mess reacted to john_morris_uk's post in the thread Tally Ho with Like Like.
      I’m not sure it was so much an active plea for money but more of a young man who has achieved tremendous success with a project that’s...
    • 38mess
      38mess reacted to Fr J Hackett's post in the thread Tally Ho with Like Like.
      I am afraid I have never been into financing other peoples dreams, I have enough trouble financing my own. I admit to watching and...
    • 38mess
      38mess replied to the thread Perkins M30 sudden knocking.
      The knocking had stopped before I had a chance to do this.
    • 38mess
      38mess reacted to Graham376's post in the thread Perkins M30 sudden knocking with Like Like.
      Usual way to check for a bad injector is to crack open the fuel line to each in turn with engine running. If they're good, revs will...
    • 38mess
      38mess reacted to peteK's post in the thread Perkins M30 sudden knocking with Like Like.
      Water in your fuel can cause knocking,I have had it with a Perkins M20.
    • 38mess
      Thanks for the reply. Yes I had the same experience with a failed engine mount in a previous boat, took us ages to finally diagnose it...
    • 38mess
      38mess reacted to Refueler's post in the thread Perkins M30 sudden knocking with Like Like.
      I would still be extremely cautious about it .. until sure engine is OK .... My old 4-99 Perkins had a knocking sound .... which was...
    • 38mess
      38mess reacted to Refueler's post in the thread Perkins M30 sudden knocking with Like Like.
      Just a thought .... maybe a tiny drop of water got injected - if one cylinder got a shot of water / diesel - it could create a knock ...
    • 38mess
    • 38mess
      I don't know...I just tried it again at 2600 rpm up a river and it sounds rough, but at 2000 rpm it's like a sewing machine.
    • 38mess
      This morning my Perkins tick over started to drop then it picked up to normal. Then after a long run when we were back at tick over a...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…