Volvo DP-G Trim Gauge issue

Matrix2020

Visit site
Hi, my KAD-300 DP-G Trim indicator constantly recycles the test mode and then goes very dull. Trim doesn't work, I can hear the trim down motor work but the trim display does not display the drive appears to be fully down (-4) but the display keep recycling. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it? Looks like an electrical fault but connections under the dash seem ok. Any help greatly appreciated.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi, my KAD-300 DP-G Trim indicator constantly recycles the test mode and then goes very dull. Trim doesn't work, I can hear the trim down motor work but the trim display does not display the drive appears to be fully down (-4) but the display keep recycling. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it? Looks like an electrical fault but connections under the dash seem ok. Any help greatly appreciated.
More likely the potentiometer

Matrix2020

Visit site
I guess it's really hard to replace? If it can be reached is it plug out and new one in or does it need calibrating? Sorry it is in a 2005 Targa 34. Also I assume its fine to use the boat if I cant get it fixed quickly? The trim I assume will just stay at -4.

Last edited:

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I guess it's really hard to replace? If it can be reached is it plug out and new one in or does it need calibrating? Sorry it is in a 2005 Targa 34. Also I assume its fine to use the boat if I cant get it fixed quickly? The trim I assume will just stay at -4.
It’s not bad to get to just remove the moulding above the bathing platform then you can get to it no problem.

Matrix2020

Visit site
Sorry, still learning about the systems, is it better to isolate the system until its fixed if I want to use the boat (disconnect the electrical plug under the dash) or leave it as it is? Also will there need to be any callibration after I replace the potentiometer?