Oil types and grades for hydraulics and transmission gearboxes

westernman

www.devalk.nl
I am sure we have some experts here who can help me out.

I have the following specifications for which I am trying to buy some oil for. Ideally from my local Feu Vert or something like that.

For transmission and hydraulic system: SAE 80
Hydraulic Transmission Oil: ISO VG 46

What are good modern alternatives to use for these oils?

Thanks!

jdc

Visit site
I don't think that these specs are obsolete - they are just viscosities after all - and perfectly modern oils are available to ISO VG 46, for instance from Kubota (manufactured in France by Total I believe). See for instance HV 46 - Agriculture.

It should be widely available in the Netherlands from agricultural dealers. It's certainly available in Cornwall. No need for an alternative, but for simplicity of stock tractors often used STOU oils, which are simultaneously engine oil, usually 10W30, and transmission / hydraulic oil to SAE 75 or 80. Castrol Agri MP Plus is one such. And from Shell!

Last edited:

westernman

www.devalk.nl
I don't think that these specs are obsolete - they are just viscosities after all - and perfectly modern oils are available to ISO VG 46, for instance from Kubota (manufactured in France by Total I believe). See for instance HV 46 - Agriculture.

It should be widely available in the Netherlands from agricultural dealers. It's certainly available in Cornwall. No need for an alternative, but for simplicity of stock tractors often used STOU oils, which are simultaneously engine oil, usually 10W30, and transmission / hydraulic oil to SAE 75 or 80. Castrol Agri MP Plus is one such. And from Shell!

Thanks.
Do you know anything about Mannol oils?