My Marina

oldgit

Visit site
R
This is a picture of my Grandparents boatyard taken around 1971 where they had a hire boat business. I would have been about 4yrs old when this was taken and where my interest in boating was born. Soon after this pic was taken my Uncle built workshops and a dry dock and started building boats and a hire fleet. Some of the boats are still around today, one I know of is owned by a YBW member. Interesting collection of cars there too
.View attachment 147496
Rover 2000
A40
Ford Cortina 1600E
Austin Cambridge.
Rover 3.5.

Last edited:

stelican

Visit site
Have to take your word for it! ?
My Grandfather's was the one parked just inside the gate. I can date the photo fairly well as the my Mum upgraded from a Bedford CA to a brand new CF in 1971, reg no. YAM 277K. Funny the things you remember
Looks like a Martin Walker Dormobile conversion.
I had a CA in the 1970s which we put a 4 speed victor gearbox in. Clocked just over 100mph once ! Had the doors closed.

doug748

Visit site

The Q

Visit site
My marina, sailing club.
Warning, includes scenes of moorings, sailing, people enjoying themselves, more sailing and moorings on the islands.

WannabePirate

Visit site
My boat is the 'white' blob on the right hand side in Mosquito Bay (official name), now known as Turtle Beach..

I worked around the corner from there some time ago. Monkeys an a lazy chef in a driftwood beach hut was all that was there. One of my favourite little spots in the world.

Is it still the way?

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
I worked around the corner from there some time ago. Monkeys an a lazy chef in a driftwood beach hut was all that was there. One of my favourite little spots in the world.

Is it still the way?
On the beach basically, loads of squatters.

Was it 'Lion Bar' at Cockleshell beach? He died recently but family continuing to squat.