Moving to Italy - marina lease prices on West and East coast.

OldColt

Visit site
Hi
Having searched the forums, I can’t find any posts on ‘permanent’/ annual fees for yachts in Italy (west or east coast).
The plan: buying a house in Italy to do up and run a business as well as buying a 2nd hand cruiser to live in and sail the med for a few weeks/ months a year.

What I’m looking for is a few suggestions of low cost (ha ha:rolleyes:)…. lower cost marinas and locations on the West or East coasts of Italy, for a 10-12m yacht for an annual berthing fee (ideally with lift out charges too).
Thanks in advance.

servus

Visit site
Hello OldColt,

Sounds like there are a lot of decisions to be made before choosing a home port for a boat which still has to be bought.
Where in Bella Italia do you want to settle?

Cheers, G.

OldColt

Visit site
Hello OldColt,

Sounds like there are a lot of decisions to be made before choosing a home port for a boat which still has to be bought.
Where in Bella Italia do you want to settle?

Cheers, G.
Within half an hour of a ‘relatively’ affordable marina and an hour or two of Rome, Naples or Bari airports. Probably in the South (Basilicata is a strong contender).

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
I almost moved from Valencia to Genoa a few years ago. The marina at the airport is reasonably priced for my 8.5m boat. Covid got in the way and I've stayed put for now.

OldColt

Visit site
I almost moved from Valencia to Genoa a few years ago. The marina at the airport is reasonably priced for my 8.5m boat. Covid got in the way and I've stayed put for now.
Thanks. Probably a bit North for me and we all have different ideas of what’s ‘reasonable’ 😬 but… what sort of figures were they quoting please?

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Thanks. Probably a bit North for me and we all have different ideas of what’s ‘reasonable’ 😬 but… what sort of figures were they quoting please?
this was actually last year when I checked again :

Berth dimensions 8,5 m x 3,20 m

Annual berth rental: € 3.500,00 + vat

We charge separately for electricity and water and depending on the berth available we charge:

• Counter reading: € 0,36 + vat (22%) per kwh and € 0,004 + vat (22%) per liter of water
OR

• Flat rate: € 20,00 vat included per month (that is € 240,00 vat included per 1 year).

OldColt

Visit site
this was actually last year when I checked again :

Berth dimensions 8,5 m x 3,20 m

Annual berth rental: € 3.500,00 + vat

We charge separately for electricity and water and depending on the berth available we charge:

• Counter reading: € 0,36 + vat (22%) per kwh and € 0,004 + vat (22%) per liter of water
OR

• Flat rate: € 20,00 vat included per month (that is € 240,00 vat included per 1 year).
Thank you. Much appreciated.

servus

Visit site
In the northern Adriatic I pay for a 12,1m boat Euro 2.200 + ital. Vat for a year on the dry. That includes the cradle. In and out is 220,- each.
A berth in the water would be around 4.000,- to 4.500,-.

Just an orientation. but the marina has a few drawbacks like having rather shallow and tidal approaches.

Best is to enquire directly and then negotiate.

Cheers G.

OldColt

Visit site
In the northern Adriatic I pay for a 12,1m boat Euro 2.200 + ital. Vat for a year on the dry. That includes the cradle. In and out is 220,- each.

Just an orientation. but the marina has a few drawbacks like having rather shallow and tidal approaches.

Cheers G.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Nina Lucia

Visit site

Cheers G.
where about in Italy? we use to keep our boat in Veruda, Pula Stria for about £4.5K a year