Moving On

MedDreamer

Visit site
After five great years of Med boating we have decided its time to move on and we are putting Only You up for sale. She has been a fantastic boat for us, never missing a beat and the most expensive thing we have had to do was buy new batteries.

Ironically we made the decision at the whilst sat out at anchor under clear blue skies and in crystal clear dead flat water, we will miss her but both SWMBO and I want more time to do other things and can't afford to leave the boat there under used.

I'm going to try Boats & Outboards and my own website in the first instance before trying a broker and I will be putting a link on here as soon as the site is up and running.

I can't imagine that I won't continue looking in on here and may well find myself owning another boat in the future (it gets under the skin doesn't it) but at the moment I am very happy with my decision

So if you know anyone who might be interested in a well looked after 2002 Sealine S34 with a nice Med spec, fully serviced and antifouled last week with a berth in Alcudia paid for until next February please point them in my direction.

Martyn

robyonfrome

Visit site
Just as a thought why not sell 4/5 shares in the boat, divide the time equally into the year between parties and use as a sort of holiday home. Then share expenses.
Must be wonderful out there we usually holiday in Majorca with Puerto Polenca my favourite
(Frustrated med dreamer)

MedDreamer

Visit site
We did seriously consider boatshare with some very good boating friends but decided that it wasn't for us.

Alistairr

Visit site
Sorry to hear you're moving on, but can understand the reasoning.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine that I won't continue looking in on here

[/ QUOTE ]

You had better do!!!! You are one of the forums true gents, and I'd hate for you not too be about.

All the very best,

Alistair.

MedDreamer

Visit site
Thank you Alistair thats typically kind of you. I'll still be looking in and following everyones adventures with interest.

I have met some great people including you, Kirsty and the "wee fella" through this forum and I hope to keep in touch with as many as possible, even if only on the forum. Given the state of the market I may be around as a boatowner for sometime yet...

Regards

Martyn

Kawasaki

Visit site
When you say you are moving on.
Moving out of boating totally?
Or moving out of the Med.
Sorry read again!
You mention you will be looking on here which therefore means you are moving 'ON'
Silly Me.

What leisure/ sport attracts you away might I ask.
Sorry , don't mean to be Nosey!

But as you mentioned 'Sat in the Med' etc etc

Lots would swap.
I think the fact there is a mooring available would help the job along.
Or are moorings / berths not so much of a problem these days ref the Economy and all that stuff .

Anway this is from a med dreamer to a Real, MedDreamer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Sorry to hear this, Martyn but, as we've discussed in the past, I understand your thoughts because I have the same thoughts myself. Is Med boating worth the cost/hassle? Sometimes it is but a lot of the time it isn't. Good luck with selling the boat. I've just sold my RIB thru Boats & Outboards. I also advertised on Boatshop24 and I got quite a few enquiries from both sites. Might be worth considering bringing the boat back to the UK if she doesn't sell in Majorca, as she's a Brit boat?

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
Sorry to hear this too.

Have to say when I sold my last boat I thought ''thats that then''.

Couple of years later - went to Earls court show and was back in the water the next year. Funny thing is we were going to the med after our first season commissioning our, then, new boat; and we are still here in the UK and using it more than I frankly thought we would.

nothing comes close to the relaxation IMHO, have to say the hassle of airports at start and finish of the 'event' would undo some of that I reckon.

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
If by normal UK covers you mean the camper type, then some do and some don't. For example, i've discarded the cockpit canopies on my boat in France, but jfm is right next door with same size and type of boat, but has chosen to retain his. I have individual covers for the seating though, to protect them from the red rain.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I've never felt the need for cockpit canopies in the Med either although I always had them in the UK but maybe it depends how well the flybridge overhang protects the cockpit from sun and rain? For me, the cockpit is where you go when you want to retreat from the sun and if the fly overhang doesn't shade the cockpit well enough, I'd get a canopy

MedDreamer

Visit site
Its hard to assess the mooring situation at the moment but it certainly seems quiter than last year in Alcudia and the marina have had 10m annual rental berths available.

We want to travel a bit more and see a few different places which is the reason we are moving on, and we simply don't have the time, and cant afford, to do that and have the boat in Mallorca. i don't want it to be one of those sad unloved boats you see in all marinas.

Boating in the UK is not an option for us - we have become spoilt fair weather boaters.

MedDreamer

Visit site
Hi Mike

My plan is to keep her out in Mallorca until late Autumn and see how things go. If she hasn't sold before the mooring fees become due next February I will consider bringing her back.

MedDreamer

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Passarelle to get ashore on a med berth, air con, bimini, and maybe ice maker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well in my case a cockpit fridge but no icemaker

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Martyn, it sounds like you've had the same discussion as us. Due to business and school commitments, we have limited time for holidays and my family is complaining that we spend every summer holiday on the boat. In truth, we have spent most if not all of the last 20 years taking our summer holidays on our boat which means we haven't been anywhere else. Whilst we do take winter holidays, these are mostly skiing so the family feel they haven't seen as much of the rest of the world as they would have liked. The trouble with boating is that instead of being just a pastime, it tends to become an all consuming lifestyle choice and it's difficult to strike a balance