Fuel berths around Anglesey - am I missing something?!

citygent111

Visit site
Hi all,

Planning a round Anglesey trip this summer - or possibly not! Am I right in thinking that there are no fuel berths on the island? Will be leaving Conwy marina, so I can fill up there, but will need to top up again to finish the trip. The Garmin suggests there may be a pump at Amlwch, but I can't see any mention of it anywhere online.

Holyhead marina obviously doesn't exist as such, so I think that's out.

Looks like it could be just Victoria Dock at Caernarfon, but I'll be nearly home by then!

Think it may need to be jerry cans....

citygent111

Visit site
Fixed fuel tank unfortunately, so need a fuel berth. That said, if I've resorted to jerry cans then would I be allowed to tie up at the boat yard and walk round to refill them?

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Fixed fuel tank unfortunately, so need a fuel berth. That said, if I've resorted to jerry cans then would I be allowed to tie up at the boat yard and walk round to refill them?
No berth at the boatyard so not possible. Beaumaris pier may be possible but a good walk to the petrol station. You could perhaps berth at Menai Bridge pier, petrol station not too far away.

citygent111

Visit site
No berth at the boatyard so not possible. Beaumaris pier may be possible but a good walk to the petrol station. You could perhaps berth at Menai Bridge pier, petrol station not too far away.
Ok thanks for that - just shows the amount of planning needed! Maybe easier to take 4 or 5 jerry cans and know we have sufficient fuel full stop.