Experience of anti-foul not immersed within recommended time, and/or just old?

Neeves

Visit site
Frankly - considering that 'fouling' varies with the years, good summer, bad summer, warmer and warmer still,, usage less or more - I find it very difficult to believe you can expect a statistically sound answer.

Jonathan

Frayed Knot

Visit site
I can’t help re. extended immersion time but a few years back I bought four years supply of International Cruiser at less than half price as the tins were damaged/rusted. I sprayed the rusty bases with wax sealer & on the fourth year it was still as good as new & no less effective in use.

TwoHooter

Visit site
I bought as much Cruiser Uno as I could when it was announced that it wouldn't be available. I used the last of it in September 2021 along with some Cruiser 250. I logged where each product was used. We didn't lift the boat out last year. We lifted this week and I couldn't tell the difference between those areas treated with old Uno and new 250.
Also - I only put on one coat of Cruiser 250 in 2021 because that's what Uno used to specify (should have been two coats for two years in the water but the long immersion wasn't planned at the time). The Cruiser 250 tin says put on two coats for one year but I'm only doing that in the places where I know we typically need it.

B27

Visit site
If you leave it out of the water a long time, it may be more likely to craze or flake off.

William_H

Visit site
I have used Jotun and have left the paint on for periods of a week to months before launching with no apparent ill effect. Always, not very effective but that is warm water problem. weed and barnacles go crazy after 2 months. ol'will