Culham Abingdon today (piccies)

Chris_d

Visit site
For Brayman Shirlian still secure,
IMG_0253.jpg

UTMYC are having a knitting competition,
IMG_0254.jpg

Spot the odd one out, he even has another boat rafted on the outside the wrong way round!
IMG_0255.jpg

Culham lock top gate,
IMG_0249.jpg

Nearly up to the mark,
IMG_0251.jpg

Captain Coochie

Visit site
I don't like the look of that lock /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Im in the weir stream at Sunbury (mid river)and that lot is heading my way . Do you think it's worth the risk of trying to get out there to double up the lines ?

byron

RIP
Visit site
Nice pictures, Chris your 5 bob Box Brownie works well /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I see Drumbeat there, he moors just above Goring Lock in that tiny private marina that belongs to the apartments. He must be regretting not making a bolt for home on the Saturday when I ran White Panther down to Sonning.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the look of that lock /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Im in the weir stream at Sunbury (mid river)and that lot is heading my way . Do you think it's worth the risk of trying to get out there to double up the lines ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember the river is wider and deeper where you are. Why take a risk in a Dinghy unless you are confident. This forum cannot afford to lose a contributor.

Brayman

Visit site
Thanks Chris.
The guy moored the wrong way round is a nightmare, he crashed into us at Henley Music Festival when trying to come alongside the boat in front, he thought he had a line on (just one) so cut his engine, the line fell off and he fell back on to our bow with the stream, then last week he was coming into to both Goring and Cleeve Locks behind us and again cut his engine as soon as he was past the gates.
I'm not surprised he's facing the wrong way, it was probably the only way he could get in - ie pot luck.

Brayman

Visit site
I had assumed it was an Aqustar as it is called something like Aquastone.
I think he comes from you neck of the woods as the one in front of him is from Penton Hook and I think they were together. Aquaman's still on board, the smaller one has gone home to Southend.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Hi Andrew . i know he checks in the morning and the evening . I may go and try to get a lift out just to double up , thats if he can get to his boat , last time i went down it was up to his steps .

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a Corvette a couple of boats astern of Shirlian - any idea what its called?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't a Corvette, its something else. The owner gets quite up-tight when peeps think it's one. He has spent much time and I assume money bringing the boat to a superb condition.
Sorry! cannot recall what make it is but I think it was built by someone like Grand Banks.