Boat Identification

jamie N

Visit site
I've not a clue as to any of your queries unfortunately, but shudder at the amount of work and expense that'll be involved in making the boat seaworthy, which wasn't your question of course.
Hopefully you'll have success.

Tranona

Visit site
Welcome to the forum

Suspect it is a one off in the style of the Trintella (Van de Stadt) but the transom is different. While it would have made a nice boat in 1970 when the hull was moulded, probably best left in the "might have been" file as no way could you turn that pile of gear into a usable boat at a cost (and time) that would make sense economically. Perhaps best left where it is until the yard (or owner) decide to chop it up and hold a garage sale for the bits, which will probably net more than the asking price for the whole package.

dankilb

Visit site
Wildling sailing YouTube channel toured it a few months ago. Think they were asking more like £10k then. Boat was a complete wreck - structural floors removed and lots of bits severely messed around with. The project would be big enough if the boat were just neglected - but this one’s been heavily molested and likely ruined.

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
Yes agree with Tranona but she more like a Victory 41 and was a development of the Victory40/Trintella design by Van de Stadtts built by Tyler boats in the 70's see Victory 41 motorsailer - archive details - Yachtsnet Ltd. online UK yacht brokers

You have to be looking at a year work min and as said not to mention the cost, 'IF' you view her look at the deck (probably Teak) very carefully as to replace it will cost more than the boat

veronicaaem

Visit site
Thanks for your replies!! I was more curious about who manufactured her! As much as she captures my imagination I'm looking for a boat with a lot less work! Currently oogling a trident voyager 35 but chances are I'm going to have to wait and save a fair bit more before even thinking about getting a boat. Head over heart!!

DownWest

Visit site
A bit back, there was a 38ft steel yawl for sale. Reinforced for far north wandering. Not expensive, but no takers. Usual people thinking as steel, big problem. BUT, then a poster, who knew the boat, pointed out it was in top condition, but the couple who owned it had to give up due to age. Price was wandering down to £6k or so.
The one in question is nothing like that, a true money pit.

Do remember, that whatever you imagine it will cost to fix up, you will be out by 2 or 3 times.

Wansworth

Visit site
A bit back, there was a 38ft steel yawl for sale. Reinforced for far north wandering. Not expensive, but no takers. Usual people thinking as steel, big problem. BUT, then a poster, who knew the boat, pointed out it was in top condition, but the couple who owned it had to give up due to age. Price was wandering down to £6k or so.
The one in question is nothing like that, a true money pit.

Do remember, that whatever you imagine it will cost to fix up, you will be out by 2 or 3 times.
You can tell people that but they won’t believe you funnily enough it’s the little expenses that add up that they miss