Zakinthos airport bus

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Here another bit of info that may save you some time .
We got the times for the bus from the Ktea station , 13.50 when we arrive we confirmed it but to be told it's 1400 , ok no problem , at 14.15 we ask where the bus , first they tried to say it's gone and we missed it , then after some words a call was made and we was told it be there in 15 mins , ok fine , we didn't think much of it .
The other day I went back to meet my partner and was told the bus from the airport will arrived at 0930 , 0930 came and gone so did 09.45 , I ask about the bus and was told maybe the flight was delayed, I question it , any way even if the flight was delayed which it wasn't what has it got to do with the bus time table ,
after a long chat it came out that unless there was anyone wanting the bus the bus wouldn't leave .
So now we know why the bus was late for the pickup the week before.
So I suggest if your waiting for the bus from the Ktea stations in Zakinthos town don't wait too long before asking them where the bus is , or you could be waiting a very long time :)

Davy_S

Visit site
I have my own opinion of Zakinthos, stay away! there is some very nice scenery , especially the Northern end Agios Nickolas, the rest of the place can be the pits, the bar owners have been done for selling illegal shorts that have put people in hospital, raided for selling laughing gas, over 3,000 people registered blind, claiming dole, including taxi drivers! the island is corrupt, a shame really, but it is.

Davy_S

Visit site
As a bit of an add-on, we went to a wedding at Laganos, we caught the ferry from Kef to Zakinthos, then drove to Laganos and stayed for a night, I have never seen anything like it for a long time, at Laganos people (mainly Brits) were pissed up and fighting outside the bars in the evening, it felt very threatening, we were very glad to catch the ferry back! It all started very innocently, on the ferry across there were Greek families all seated together, all singing, it was a great atmosphere! it all changed when we got to Laganos!, never again.

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
Here another bit of info that may save you some time .
We got the times for the bus from the Ktea station , 13.50 when we arrive we confirmed it but to be told it's 1400 , ok no problem , at 14.15 we ask where the bus , first they tried to say it's gone and we missed it , then after some words a call was made and we was told it be there in 15 mins , ok fine , we didn't think much of it .
The other day I went back to meet my partner and was told the bus from the airport will arrived at 0930 , 0930 came and gone so did 09.45 , I ask about the bus and was told maybe the flight was delayed, I question it , any way even if the flight was delayed which it wasn't what has it got to do with the bus time table ,
after a long chat it came out that unless there was anyone wanting the bus the bus wouldn't leave .
So now we know why the bus was late for the pickup the week before.
So I suggest if your waiting for the bus from the Ktea stations in Zakinthos town don't wait too long before asking them where the bus is , or you could be waiting a very long time :)

They have obviously copied the African Bus Time Table system. In Africa the bus does not go until it's full.