Young Sailors Documenting their journeys on Youtube ...

JMill

Visit site
For about a year now I have been watching Youtube videos of young sailors document their journeys around the world. I have found them highly enjoyable and they remind me of a time when I myself was filled with the same youthful vigor they display. The spirits of these kids show me the future of the lifestyle I had been so blessed to live (and now cannot continue for health reasons) is in good hands. I am posting a link below that has a few of the video series linked together so that watching the videos in sequence is now possible. I really enjoy S/V Delos and Wicked Salty. There is another series I'd also recommend called Sailing LaVagabonde that is not apart of the page but an be found on Youtube. Anyways, I hope these videos bring you as much enjoyment as they have brought me and if you have any other suggestions please let me know below.
I have also written emails to a few of them and have always gotten a response. Anyways I thought I'd share their story. I only wish this would have been around when I was their age. (Thats ok though, its all upstairs and thats good enough for me) Enjoy.

http://www.averagejoetube.com/#!sailing/c1w3m

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
It is amazing what we take for granted these days with social media.

Back in my youth we went climbing and sailing, and had adventures, but no blogs, no tweets and no films. Just a quiet pint, or three, in the pub at then end of a hard day on the hill or on the water.

Saying that I do recommend Mountaineering in Scotland by W. H. Murray.

Visit site
Really enjoyed" Sailing La Vagabond"
Particularly like the way they seem to just get on with sailing across the Atlantic , learning as they go.and having a great experience. They seem to take it all in their stride and don't bore us with tales of how awful and difficult it all is. No silly preaching or holier than thou lectures in seamanship or health and safety. In the time it takes the keyboard warriors to berate them for not wearing harnesses or lifejackets, or having the wrong anchor, or tying the wrong knot- they are halfway to the Caribbean. Meanwhile Admiral Angry's gin palace has hardly moved from his Solent berth - too busy studying for his Advanced Offshore Radio Astro Electronic Day Commodore's ticket.
It also helps that she is very easy on the eye and he seems like a decent bloke.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Particularly like the way they seem to just get on with sailing across the Atlantic , learning as they go.and having a great experience. They seem to take it all in their stride and don't bore us with tales of how awful and difficult it all is. No silly preaching or holier than thou lectures in seamanship or health and safety. In the time it takes the keyboard warriors to berate them for not wearing harnesses or lifejackets, or having the wrong anchor, or tying the wrong knot- they are halfway to the Caribbean. Meanwhile Admiral Angry's gin palace has hardly moved from his Solent berth - too busy studying for his Advanced Offshore Radio Astro Electronic Day Commodore's ticket.
It also helps that she is very easy on the eye and he seems like a decent bloke.

Like it lots :)

More please .

Visit site

+1000

How bizarre, was over at Sailing anarchy watching a vid of some kind or other and then the next one was La Vagabonde, good luck to 'em seem quite genuine, fwiw any women that tidy who knows how to cook a lionfish is wife material,..............(coughs) 10.00 mins below.

https://youtu.be/HMOxypk0wGs

Last edited:

JMill

Visit site
Thanks! These videos and the community is really accepting of newbies. Just trying to get a few more ducks in a row so that I can be making my own sailing video series. But isn't that always the story. LoL not to crazy far from reaching my goals tho. Step by step. We'll get there.

jac

Visit site
How can people so young afford an Amel Super Maramu?

Grumpy

By the way OP welcome to the forum.

I believe through a lot of saving by two of them who were IT contractors. They still do that to replenish the funds. I wonder why the attractive ladies ended up sailing round the world with the youngish guys in well paid jobs who sail round the world in an Amel.

Interesting to note the views they have had. Maybe Dylan needs to get a Bikini and do more cavorting

Yellow Ballad

Visit site
I got into all of these vlogs because of Nathans Youtube films. I've subscribed to his channel just in case he decides to get another boat and do a few more.

May go back and watch them again, he came across really well.

Seven Spades

Visit site
I too have been watching Delos, but I refuse to watch any more of La Vagabond after they looted a sunken catamaran. The owner even shooed them away and then Riely held up a cd he had stolen. Unbelievable.

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
I too have been watching Delos, but I refuse to watch any more of La Vagabond after they looted a sunken catamaran. The owner even shooed them away and then Riely held up a cd he had stolen. Unbelievable.

so..... would you ever consider becoming a patron to Delos or to La vagabonde before they liberated a CD from a sunken cat

D

Last edited:

Other threads that may be of interest