Yawn - Prinnie Exhausts

simongoldthorpe

Visit site
Sorry to be dull and talk about technical boating matters but......

Last week I posted about my Princess exhausts which seemed to have some sort of liner which was delaminating. After extensive research Halyard exhausts have responded and reckon that these were an American system and the 'liner' is actually a type of baffle which they say has delaminated.

They say pull 'em out and chuck 'em away. Only side effect will be slightly nosier exhausts. Am I convinced ? I dunno. What does the team (Byron) think?

I'm tempted to go for it because the only way to get full access to outer ends of the tubes is to remove 2 bloody great water tanks.

I suppse it would be pretty macho to have a Princess with straight through exhausts, turn a few heads etc

D

Deleted User YDKXO

If the silencers look like big black rubber tubes, they may be Elastomuffle silencers which, I think, are sold by an outfit called ASAP Supplies. I had them on my last boat and, you're right, the baffles inside can come away

byron

RIP
Visit site
Simon, if they gotta come out they gotta come out (as the actress said to the bishop). So do it, see if it's awful, if not leave it, if it is then follow up Deleted User's suggestion.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk