Yard Location on Thames

Nautorius

Visit site
Hi All,

I may well soon aquire a Part finished craft. I will need some area on the hard to finish it (mainly internal) and will require some power source but that is about it. The yard needs a crane (with boom) to lift it off transporter and laterly into water. Boat is...10m x 4m. I estimate I can finish it in 3 months....so need a yard with reasonable storage for 12 months!

Any recomendations, the boat is more than just a hull...it is fugli!

Cheers

paul /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elessar

Visit site
Harleyford were very accomadating when I did a major job. (new engine, fuel tank and transom) They stepped in to do the heavy bits, ie lifting the engine in and out, and left the rest to me. The chandlery is not as well stocked as Shepperton but it's quite good and they'll order anything you like. Don't know about power as I used a genny. A lot depends where you live, the closest to home was best for me.

miket

Visit site
No power in the hardstanding area of Harleyford.

Almost any Thames yard/ marina would seem to fit. Depends where you want to be between Kingston and Lechlade.
Why a boatyard?

Nautorius

Visit site
Thanks Guys,

Good Response. I want it on the Thames because it has a 4m beam so expensive to move by road. I only want to pay once to move it, then finnish it and it can be sailed off! I do not actually want it,just may end up with it!

Cheers

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Other threads that may be of interest