Yanmar GM10 engine and gearbox for spares or repair

steve62

I have a project that is taking up space in my garage which now has to go.

When I bought my boat I replaced the engine as the original did not seem to have any compression. I though it as the usual problem with the Yanmars and the elbow had gone and corroded the cylinder head.

However, I have partially stripped the engine down at home and the elbow looks ok but have I have not tested it. I have also taken the head off and the exhaust port looks ok.

The two lower oil pipes (below the water pump) have definitely rotted but that is all I can see at the moment.

I was going to rebuild the engine and then sell it on but I now need the space in my garage and I am running out of time for other projects that have to take precedence.

I could strip the engine and sell all the individual components but I thought I would offer it up as a whole on here first, if anyone was interested

The engine also comes with a 2:2.1 (I Think!!) gearbox so I was looking for about £300 ono.

I am located in South Essex and the engine would be collection only but I would be prepared to help transport it up to about 10 miles or so.

if you need any other pictures or information please ask.

wee_niall

Hi Steve - if you do strip the engine i'd be interested in the bottom end on its own.....i've got an elderly 1gm that i quite fancy upgrading to a 1gm10 and should be able to use all the bits and bobs from the 1gm.

Cheers
Niall