Yanmar dipstick thread broken

GEM43

Visit site
I can’t answer your question but simply add that this is a common failure and stupidly expensive to replace. I am aware that there is a firm that makes steel replacement equivalents that don’t break though I haven’t yet personally acquired one.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I can’t answer your question but simply add that this is a common failure and stupidly expensive to replace. I am aware that there is a firm that makes steel replacement equivalents that don’t break though I haven’t yet personally acquired one.
There was a steel replacement on one of the gear boxes on my previous boat, but I'm afraid I have no idea who made or supplied it.

capnsensible

Visit site
They are a complete pita. I've tried various glueing options but in the end, the answer is new.

Boats are supposed to have stupid money spent on them.

Oh, by the way, when the cone drives wear so they won't engage anymore coz the gear lever has been put in astern counter to makers instructions, a new gearbox is proper money.....

GEM43

Visit site
They are a complete pita. I've tried various glueing options but in the end, the answer is new.

Boats are supposed to have stupid money spent on them.

Oh, by the way, when the cone drives wear so they won't engage anymore coz the gear lever has been put in astern counter to makers instructions, a new gearbox is proper money.....
Which is exactly my pain for this season.....new gearbox, ouch.