Yachting Monthly’s "Sail The British Isles" book

dunedin

Visit site
@dunedin - thanks, will have a look.
Hoping to find one that focuses more on the route, moorings and navigation.
Shame you didn’t raise a month ago as the Cruising Association held a seminar on this particular subject, and the author of this book was one of the presenters.
(Personally I think a round Britain trip is generally a delivery trip and an exercise in motoring to meet a timetable, but each to their own)

penfold

Visit site
@dunedin - thanks, will have a look.
Hoping to find one that focuses more on the route, moorings and navigation.
Keep turning left. Or keep turning right. :unsure:
Shame you didn’t raise a month ago as the Cruising Association held a seminar on this particular subject, and the author of this book was one of the presenters.
(Personally I think a round Britain trip is generally a delivery trip and an exercise in motoring to meet a timetable, but each to their own)
Was it recorded? I continue to be surprised events like this occur today without being videoed for posterity, even if they don't want to or cannot put it on a video host for copyright reasons it could be made available to members who could not attend.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Keep turning left. Or keep turning right. :unsure:
(y)

Was it recorded? I continue to be surprised events like this occur today without being videoed for posterity, even if they don't want to or cannot put it on a video host for copyright reasons it could be made available to members who could not attend.

Fred Drift Alert!
I recently had a prominent role in a meeting about a matter of public interest. I was aware there was a facility enabling people who were unable to attend the meeting in person to observe it online.

Only some time later did it come to my attention that the whole thing had been recorded and published in YouTube!:eek:

I expect that very soon my phone will be ringing off the hook with Hollywood agents trying to sign me up. 😁

dunedin

Visit site
Well feel free to be one of the volunteers running these sessions and/or giving up their spare time presenting, in which case I assume you will record your own sessions.

The Cruising Association does a lot of webinars, but as far as I know the Round Britain one was an all day event and therefore face to face only.
In terms of recording webinars, that is surely at the discretion of the individual speakers.

billybiltong

Visit site
As mentioned here:
How to sail round Britain

But Amazon UK says "Currently unavailable. "
Is it out of print?

Asking for my daughter, who's planning a circumnavigation.
Keith, I bought this magazine 2 days ago from magazines direct £12.99 . Roger Oliver’s PBO second Edition circumnavigating of UK and Ireland has lots of route information. You can pick up a good second hand copy or buy a brand new one, possibly from Amazon . Regards 👍😎⛵