YachtBuyer. Great content / reviews......

sharpness

Visit site
I'm guessing most on here are aware of Jack Haines and his YouTube channel YachtBuyer. I should point I have no connection to the channel, but credit where it's deserved, I think his presenting style and content is spot on.
An example being the clip below of the new Galeon 560. Even to the point of Jack showing real life demonstration of setting up the boat in beach club mode (though guaranteed one of those stanchions will get dropped in the water at some stage by an owner). I always enjoy when boat reviews include a test drive, and docking etc.
Only thing that popped in my head with this new Galeon and its permanent hard top, is how do you get up there to clean it when the delights of a seagull has left its signature, or if med based and it needs a usual wash / polish ?

roa312

Visit site
I agree that it's an excellent review, and I think all the YouTube reviewers have generally taken a huge step up in production quality compared to just a few years ago.

Galeon is really an interesting builder. I wonder if, in their future generations, they will be able to completely replace all the GRP on the hull sides with more windows :). The price is around GBP 1.87 million ex.VAT as tested, compared to GBP 2.3 million ex.VAT for the Fairline Squadron 58 displayed at Southampton. Not that I'm in any position to compare the two, as I'm definitely not in that market. It will be interesting to see where the new Princess F58 lands in terms of pricing.

roa312

Visit site
@Jack Haines: Just noticed you’re also here, Jack! If you’re looking for recommendations for future test drives :), you could consider including tables similar to the ones below (snippets from old MBY tests). I’ve always found these very interesting, but maybe it's too much effort. I remember that in some of the older articles, the tests even included charts reflecting speed, range, and dB levels at various RPM!
Reviewdata1.jpg

Reviewdata2.jpg