Yacht abandoned on our mooring

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Very unfair comment. Whilst there have been some problems with equipment over the years, these have been fixed by a small group of stalwart members who gave up their time to fix the equipment. Sounds as if you were one of the members who complained a lot but did not put in any effort.
By being a member of the club, I was able to own a 30 foot yacht with winter storage at about a quarter of the cost of the local rip off marinas. Without the club, I would have to have sold the boat.

Are we talking Irvine Watersports Club here? I only know them/you through years of going to the boat jumble there, but they/you have always struck me as a very friendly bunch.

Jaguar568

N/A
Visit site
Yes , we are talking about the Water sports club, and as a past treasurer having been involved in many maintenance jobs including a rebuild of one of the tractors. The equipment has not been maintained to a safe standard and as I said the gantry and tractor used for launching and recovering boats are nackered. To Cavitation I am at the boatyard every Tues and Friday working in our lockup.

chewi

Visit site
Very unfair comment. Whilst there have been some problems with equipment over the years, these have been fixed by a small group of stalwart members who gave up their time to fix the equipment. Sounds as if you were one of the members who complained a lot but did not put in any effort.
By being a member of the club, I was able to own a 30 foot yacht with winter storage at about a quarter of the cost of the local rip off marinas. Without the club, I would have to have sold the boat.

likewise, I find it offensive to see a club abused in that way

steveeasy

Visit site
Yes , we are talking about the Water sports club, and as a past treasurer having been involved in many maintenance jobs including a rebuild of one of the tractors. The equipment has not been maintained to a safe standard and as I said the gantry and tractor used for launching and recovering boats are nackered. To Cavitation I am at the boatyard every Tues and Friday working in our lockup.

Does it really matter ?. sometimes people are not so bothered about the bells and whistles. I bet it provides something other places don't. VFM.

Steveeasy

Spyro

Visit site
Spoke to George McDiarmid who looks after the boat sales , the seller of the yacht phoned George to say he had sold the yacht privately.
I wonder if DDZ will be chasing the seller for their cut. Presumably it was still for sale with them at the time the seller sold it privately.

Romeo

Visit site
All a bit of a hassle for you though. Hope you are able to get another mooring in time for launch date.

Stingray49

Visit site
It is a hassle as it was cheap but we will just lay another one , but may not put the boat in the water this year . We are lucky as we have all the equipment including a raft with tripod for lifting and laying moorings. Still want to know what has happened to the new yacht owner , googled his name and there are 94 Martin Findlays in U.K and only 5 in Scotland .

Jcorstorphine

Visit site
I seem to recall that there were a number of moorings for sale, are they all sold? Back in the 90's and just north of the main LSC trot, I laid a 1 ton concrete sinker but suspect it will be well down in the sand by now as mooring pennant went AWOL during winter of 98.