Y Yacht

Sneaky Pete

Visit site
Y Yacht insurance was sold to Topsail a few years back, I used Y Yacht for the boats I had. Is there anyone out there who has experience of using Topsail yacht insurance as to whether they are as good as Y Yacht were and competitiveness of premium.

Moonbeam

Visit site
Y Yacht insurance was sold to Topsail a few years back, I used Y Yacht for the boats I had. Is there anyone out there who has experience of using Topsail yacht insurance as to whether they are as good as Y Yacht were and competitiveness of premium.
There is a current discussion on Motorboat forum re Y Insurance, might be useful Boat insurance renewal - again !

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Ex customer of both here. My own experience was that Topsail were much less willing or possibly able, to be competitive, premiums went up quite quickly and whilst the cover offered was similar it wasn’t identical. So do your homework. Definitely worth shopping around.

Tranona

Visit site
Topsail are a broker whereas Y used to sell its own policy underwritten by Amlin. Topsail offered me policies from HKJ or N&G nether of which were competitive so I changed to GJW direct. All the policies offered were virtually the same coverage.

Momac

Visit site
As said Topsail are brokers.
I just renewed via Topsail and did not find much time to look for alternatives.
I did have one price that was higher . One other price was quite a bit lower but unfortunately with unacceptable terms.
Everyone really should put their own work in as the best deal for one is certainly not applicable to all.
And be sure to compare like for like. A cheaper premium could be due to a bigger excess for example.