Wrong oil and flushing

Visit site
For no better reason than I'm a silly billy, our Sole 26 got a belly full of semi synthetic 10W40 before lay-up last year. On reflection (and reading the FM), it should of course have had mineral oil. It was run for about half an hour not under load with the wrong oil in. I'll be changing it for the right stuff soon, and would like to know, please, do i need to change the filter, or do any flushing or anything? Or can as i hope, i just change the oil as normal and, er, be more careful next year?
Cheers, Matt

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
If it were me I would change the filter and flush with the correct grade of oil, then change fiter and oil again. Almost cetrainly not neccessary but for the couple of pounds why not.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Synthetic in this context doesn't mean it has a different composition. The additive package will be very different but the base oil is hydrocarbon in both cases. Just change the oil when convenient.

Visit site
Thanks chaps, Very relived to hear i haven't ruined anything. I really should have noticed when the new oil smelt so different. I'll get on with changing the oil and stop worrying.
Cheers, Matt