Would / Have UKBA board an Abramovich yacht at 0400?

Shibumi

Visit site
Unnannouced, unarmed, black kit and dirty boots.

Spetsnaz on duty.

Would make an interesting FOI question.

Last edited:

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Given the current situation in Russia with regard to "potential overseas competition" to Putin & his "pals", I suspect that such an act might be strongly resisted. The big A would probably assume that he was being nobbled by the KGB & react accordingly.

Might make a good movie or shoot'em up game scenario.:rolleyes:

OGITD

Visit site
I did hear that he started life as a “market trader”… disappeared off the radar for a few years, and then reappeared as one of the most wealthiest men on our planet.
So who’s got the dirt on him then?..... it’s sometimes the way they like to play.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
No details, but I think he was involved in buying up the "share certificates" that were issued to employees of Oil Companies & citzens following the "privatisation of the gas & oil companies. By offering a few roubles cash, people with connections & access to funds were able to buy up masses of these certificates & become major shareholders of energy companies for a song.

Woodlouse

Visit site
Apparently he got his first lift by nicking a train load of oil and using the proceeds to buy shares in oil companies as Searush has explained.

Of course, you wouldn't want to go investigating his past life too closely.

Anyway, which yacht would you have UKBA board? I think he's got four at the moment.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Apparently he got his first lift by nicking a train load of oil and using the proceeds to buy shares in oil companies as Searush has explained.

Of course, you wouldn't want to go investigating his past life too closely.

Anyway, which yacht would you have UKBA board? I think he's got four at the moment.

Or his current activities either, I suspect. It could be a dangerous occupation that.

capnsensible

Visit site
Ex Gurkhas, actually.

Both Pelorus and Eclipse were in Gib earlier this week, showing that even billionares have a desire for cheapo fuel!