wot's it worth ?

derekh

Visit site
wot\'s it worth ?

Last year I replaced my 260hp mercruser engines with diesel volvo's. I have a chap coming tomorrow who may buy my old engines and drives. The engines were rebilt during 2000 season and gearboxes (Alpha one's) replaced new in 1999 and would still pass for new. loads of new bits and bobs in engines, water pumps, manifolds, risers etc etc. anyone any idea how much these units would be worth either complete or split ?

duncan

Visit site
Re: wot\'s it worth ?

a volvo v8, oldish lovely runner, went for 700 and a 50hour volvo 'complete' went for 800 but had a cracked head to be sorted......on that basis, but without the age in full - say 1250 a piece?
real answer in this business is what they are worth to the guy buying them of course - trade would make a lot on the new unit so it's down to someone who needs 1 or 2 due to failure

BarryH

Visit site
Re: wot\'s it worth ?

Out of the frying pan and into the fire, springs to mind. But that a side I've seen units such as these advertised for as little as £500 right upto £2500. Price them high and let'em knock you down. That way you get whay you want and they get what they want! In saying that petrol engines won't fetch as much as oil burners. Where have you advertised them.