Woodbridge Tidemill overnight prices high

Sinbad1951

Visit site
As lovely as the location is there is a distinct disadvantage of being there with a sill to be negotiated only near the top of the tide. Why then are the prices similar to St Kaths in London? Most other marinas are half to 2/3rds of their overnight pricing. I fail to see the justification. Can someone enlighten me.

Sinbad1951

Visit site
No Im not joking. The nightly rate at St Kats when you stay a week is cheaper than the nightly rate at Limehouse. The difference for me between St Kats and the Tidemill for oe night is £5.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
You're maths doesn't add up and you're facts are wrong! I took the trouble to check. ..

St. Kats* £26.50 / m* weekly
Limehouse £24 / m weekly

Tidemill £26 to £28* per day (depending on length, no weekly rate advertised)

Assuming 10m boat tidemill equates to 19.60 /m weekly

Burnham Bob

Visit site
The reason they charge those prices is that we pay them. We pay £26 a night for an 8.3 metre boat and we pay that because its the only really practical way of staying at Woodbridge and walking ahsore right in the middle of town. That's about £6 more than we pay for a berth in Ipswich where we can also walk ashore and although there's no sill you need to lock in. It's £18 or so at Levington whoich although lovely is in the middle of nowhere. I suppose Woodbridge is an upmarket destination compared to Ipswich but like you I do object to paying a premium. But we are stuck with it. Funnily enough, it seems only the visitor daily rate is so inflated. Annual cost per metre at the Tide MIll is £254 a metre incl VAT, Levington £292 a metre excl VAT and Ipswich £338 a metre incl VAT. Weird isn't it?

toad

Visit site
I paid £29 for a 32ft boat in the Tidemill a few weeks ago, about £20 in Ipswich and £18.75 in Bradwell. A friend paid £1.40 for derv in the Tidemill where I paid £1.09 in Ipswich. Even supply's in the town seemed expensive, but its ok to in once every few years. There are far nicer places to stop elsewhere on the river.

Sinbad1951

Visit site
I dont have a 10 metre boat and can only relate what I was charged. These specific facts I have stated above. The single night price at Tidemill was well in excess of £40. I did not post to be told that my facts are wrong, merely to ask if there was a benefit to the Tidemill that justifies the price.

Poecheng

Visit site
Woodbridge Tide Mill does at least have new, lovely facilities.

We paid £51 plus electric for two nights in Burnham last week and we are 29'.

Thought that was a bit much; staff are very nice but the ablutions (mainly the showers) were IMHO fairly worn out and of low quality when set against modern expectations

BTW, best facilities we used were at Ipswich Haven but the best view was from the Twizzle !

Poecheng

Visit site
Annual cost per metre at the Tide MIll is £254 a metre incl VAT, Levington £292 a metre excl VAT and Ipswich £338 a metre incl VAT. Weird isn't it?
Yes it is weird !
We went to Ipswich Haven last week and there are lots of boats -particularly but not only MOBOs - that do not look like they have moved for a long while. Significantly more than in the normal marina. I assumed it was because it was cheap to leave a boat there but your figures show otherwise.
More MOBOs than I have seen together on the East Coast but have never seen them out and about really.

Tomahawk

Visit site
If you get charged £40 for a night in a mono....

We won't go there... Bad enough we can only get in at the top of the tide then we have to negotiate the Deben Bar....

Last edited:

MikeBz

Visit site
From Tidemill's website:

6.0 to 8.0 Mtrs (26′) £24.00
8.01 to 10.0 Mtrs (33′) £26.00
10.01 to 12.0 mtrs (39′) £28.00
Vessels above 12 Mtrs @ £2.80 / Mtr
All Multihull Vessels @ £3.30 / Mtr (subject to availability)

Prices include VAT.

@ Levington it's £2.70 per metre inc VAT so much the same for a 32 footer.

If I was asked for £40+ for a night at < 10m I would ask how they worked that out.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
I dont have a 10 metre boat and can only relate what I was charged. These specific facts I have stated above. The single night price at Tidemill was well in excess of £40. I did not post to be told that my facts are wrong, merely to ask if there was a benefit to the Tidemill that justifies the price.

So what length boat do you have?

And I'm sorry but if you post inaccurate information got can't complain if you're corrected (eg you claimed St Kats is cheaper than Limehouse, it isn't)

greylag

Visit site
As lovely as the location is there is a distinct disadvantage of being there with a sill to be negotiated only near the top of the tide. Why then are the prices similar to St Kaths in London? Most other marinas are half to 2/3rds of their overnight pricing. I fail to see the justification. Can someone enlighten me.

Range Rovers are not cheap.

Colvic Watson

Visit site
We had two very pleasant years at Tidemill. Helpful staff and a quiet Marina bang in the middle of town. The sill is a pain, very few opportunities for a day sail but location wise it was great. In the end the long drive from home beat us and we moved to Foxs which is half an hour instead of an hour.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
£3 for leky in the Tidemill

I find places that charge extra for lecky and water truly objectionable and always avoid going there.

When you book a room in a hotel, you don't expect to have to pay extra when you switch on the light or run a bath.
How is this any different?

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Fairline I think

Fairline are based in Oundle in deepest landlocked Northants with a secondary manufacturing operation in Corby, also in deepest landlocked Northants!

Burton Waters at Ipswich trade as "Fairline East Coast" and Fairline themselves also have a test centre at Ipswich Marina