Wood fillers and colouring

pcatterall

Visit site
I have some bits of teak which I have removed to clean up and varnish ( removed to get at the difficult bits.
Is it reasonable to varnish the innaccesible bits, refit, screw, fit and sand pellets then varnish all that I can reach?
In some cases The wood is thin and it will be risky to try to countersink the screws further,
there is not the depth for a pellet. Can I use coloured brummer and varnish over it OK?
Will teak coloured brummer darken with the varnish just as the teak does or would I be better to buy a darker coloured brummer?
Thanks

capetown

Visit site
I've found that Brummer generally dries the colour of the wood it's for, but if it's sanded it tends to lighten in colour so then it needs to be stained to regain the orignal colour, a right pain in the backside.

Tranona

Visit site
Think you will always struggle to blend Brummer into wood. You may find it just as attractive to leave the screwheads exposed (with all the slots in a line of course) rather than try to hide them. Alternatively if you are gluing the trim on and don't want to remove it in the future use a selftapper and a penny washer to hold the piece on while the adhesive cures, then remove the screw, bore the hole out and use a bung.