Witenagemot Wines - Shotley

Roach1948

www.dallimoredesigns.nl
Just out of interest, has anybody visited this vineyard in Shotley?

Is it walkable from the marina? Was wondering whether it was worth a trip sometime and what the wine is like ofcourse.....

davidfox

Visit site
The vineyard is not far from the church - ie quite a walk from the Marina, there is a sign post to it by the school, you can see a part of the vineyard laid out from the road, but by the sound, its med sweet German type, may be wrong but the name sounds Germanic or is it Saxon

Sixpence

Visit site
Shotley used to be the Police training college /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

b-5164-sign.jpg

Hic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Perhaps a vinyard tour of the east coast is in order as there is one not far from the crouch also. must also be something around kent

Sounds like a plan coming together

Sixpence

Visit site
Vineyard's on the East coast date back to the Roman occupation, I don't think I'll mention global warming deception /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but there are quite a few of them.

Don't think the £5 entry fee will get much in the way of freebies though /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but I'll be up for a tour /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tillergirl

Visit site
There's a nice Vinyard on Mersea. The sparkling white is pretty good and a couple of years ago they made a limited amount of Rose which sold out in a trice. They also have a Brewery there; the beers are pretty good. Bit of a walk though!

Other threads that may be of interest