Winter storage in SE Turkey

RickSalsman

www.sailblogs.com
We are looking for some suggestions about good wintering over places in SE Turkey. I am aware of Kemer and Marmaris and I saw the youtube video of Marmaris this winter, not pretty!
We are Canadian and would like an inexpensive yard with travel lift, where English is spoken (if possible) and is secure and reasonably easy to fly out of. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help
Regards
Rick

Squeaky

Visit site
Good morning:

I won't comment on the inexpensive part of this question concerning a place for winter storage because like beauty the question of expense is in the eye of the beholder however I can't imagine anyone describing Marmaris and the surrounding mountains as "not pretty".

The view from Marmaris Yat Marina might not be too attractive because it is basically a boat yard with hundreds of boats ashore which one has to walk past to and from their yachts but beyond the immediate area of the yard the vista is still attractive.

I can't think of any marina in Turkey that is "not pretty" so suggest you concentrate on the question of cost remembering that location, location, location is important i.e. proximity of shopping, restaurants and bars.

Cheers

Squeaky

lyralicious

Thailand. Recovering from what felt like the longe
www.patreon.com
There is a very good boat yard just outside Bordrum called Yat Lift. We stayed there for the winter of 2006/7. It is secure and well run; we would thoroughly recommend it. You can use Bodrum airport, which is an hour's drive away. I have sent you a pm with contact details.

Squeaky, 'not pretty' is referring to the video posted on our website of the weather Marmaris suffered in January. If you haven't already seen it, have a look here

Cheers!

RickSalsman

www.sailblogs.com
Squeek... sorry for the confusion with my Canadianism . I was calling the video of the storm in Marmaris "not pretty" :) It's a colloquialism that means "its a bad scenario." I am looking for a reasonably priced place to store my boat on the hard, while we return to Canada, that is well equipped and has easy access to Canadian air connections. Any help with that is appreciated.
Thanks
Kind regards
Rick