Windward islands cruising

PhillM

Visit site
I am doing the ARC with Sail Racing Academy on Escapardo this year. After the event, I have booked 8 days crusing - so call that 6 days of actual sailing as any new crew will need time to board and we need to be back at the end of day 7 as I and others have flights. Looking at the charts there are many options for a 7 day cruise. Asking those who have been there ... where/what would say is unmissable?

Bajansailor

Visit site
I presume that you will be setting off from and returning to St Lucia with Escapado -
Racing Yacht Charter - Escapado - Sail Racing Academy

If I was in your wellies I think I would do an overnight sail down to Bequia, check in there, and then visit a few of the Grenadines before heading back up north.

Alternatively you could go and have a look at Martinique and Dominica - two very different islands.

KevinV

Visit site
I presume that you will be setting off from and returning to St Lucia with Escapado -
Racing Yacht Charter - Escapado - Sail Racing Academy

If I was in your wellies I think I would do an overnight sail down to Bequia, check in there, and then visit a few of the Grenadines before heading back up north.

Alternatively you could go and have a look at Martinique and Dominica - two very different islands.
All good recommendations - but do check whether Bequai etc are accepting tourists again - it's only a couple of months since they got smashed to bits.

ashtead

Visit site
The Bequia Beach hotel is a lovely place to stay clearly a short sail to Mustique and a longer day sail to Tobago keys for your lunch . I believe that BBH is taking bookings although the beachfront view but the pool looks a little changed. It’s an old world hotel but staff are super friendly and help. Owner by the same family for many years

Other threads that may be of interest