Windows mobile apps

jneale

Visit site
Got a new microsoft mobile phone on windows 8.1... What navigation app is around that gives lat/long/speed in knots/ compass and brings up maps.
Also I had a v good app on my earlier android phone which gave - stars / consolations , number of stallites, a good compass and search options.

Both of which preferable are free and no pesky adverts.

Binman

Visit site
Suggest you look at the Visit my harbour, web site, they offer a chart plotter for Android, not a lot of money, which has GPS, plus all uk charts which are Raster so very good.

ex-Gladys

Visit site
Got a new microsoft mobile phone on windows 8.1... What navigation app is around that gives lat/long/speed in knots/ compass and brings up maps.
Also I had a v good app on my earlier android phone which gave - stars / consolations , number of stallites, a good compass and search options.

Both of which preferable are free and no pesky adverts.

Windows Phone is now a thoroughly decent OS,and the phone I have (Lumia735) is excellent... BUT... don't expect just to go an get an app as you did with Android. There are ways around this - for example a lot of apps are just a re-presentation of Web content, and by adding the individual web pages to the start page and grouping them, you get a very good result (IMHO) but...

I don't believe there is such an app as you require

Kylora

Tarbert Harbour, East Loch Tarbert, Loch Fyne, Sco
Visit site
Your thread prompted me to have a look. I found this, I've only just downloaded it so can't comment on how well it works. It seems to be designed for geocaching, but you can set speed to knots, and you decide how you want Lat / Long to be displayed. Don't think it will be advert free.

It's called GPS Satellite.

Link - http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=78a6d035-0467-e011-81d2-78e7d1fa76f8

Ash