Windows 8.1 and Zygribs???

RobbieW

Visit site
Check Sea>Waves Arrows settings, 'None' selected there will turn them off. Also I think you can only select options where data appears in the GRIB thats in use, so the only options in bold for me are 'None' & 'Swell' cos significant height & swell are all I ask for in the download

Last edited:

Sybaris

www.kjellqvist.ch
Sorry about that, I didn't read the original question properly and started rambling on about wind arrows.

As a side note I totally don't agree with comparing Win 8 to Vista. I started a software company 25 years ago. Our software runs at over 1000 sites with networks ranging from 2 to 50 or so terminals. We classify Win 8 as the most stable, backwards compatible, fastest version of Windows ever. The only real complaint as described in the press and among computer "experts" is the fact that they removed the Start Menu. I never really used it much myself (I prefer using the taskbar and toolbars), but I can understand those that did and their valid complaint.

Per

Carmel2

Visit site
Well a few months later and I have a similar problem with Zygribs. All was working fine until a week or so ago, but now all the sea and wave information is no longer displayed. In the download box Waves tab all the boxes are ticked. However in the Sea menu none of the options are in bold, including Wave Arrows, so I can't even see if the None box is ticked to change it. I reloaded a previous download from last week and all the info is shown as normal, and the Sea menu options are in bold, but when I did a new download it all disappears again. I haven't knowingly changed anything but can't see how to get it working again. Any ideas please?

RobbieW

Visit site
Click on 'Server Status' within the Downloads box and I think you'll see the cause of your problem. The FNMOC-WW3: Med server hasnt updated since 29/04/15 so theres no available wave data

RobbieW

Visit site
Well the server now says it's updating, but same as before despite all boxes being ticked the waves data isn't being shown ... any ideas?

Not really, especially as North Atlantic wave data is showing in zyGrib and displaying a GRIB with Med wave data works in OpenCPN. If I could figure out how to create an id on the zyGrib forum and report the problem I would, but my French isnt that good :(