Wind top up changes, Greece

cynthia

Visit site
Just been into Preveza to get this year's data SIM - Free2GO, but was told that the only way to top up now after the initial purchase is to go into a Wind shop. No more buying a top up at local kiosks! Also no longer able to top up through the Wind app. As there are only Wind shops in Preveza, Levkas, Coru and Argostoli we've had to have a bit of a rethink. Whilst I sincerely hope this info was incorrect we headed to the Vodaphone shop next door and have changed provider -28 euros for 9.5 gig download the first month, then 10 euros top up each month for a further 9.5 gig - again only available through stores, but at least they have more stores in the Ionian!
If anyone has successfully top up Wind from a kiosk 'code' this year, I'd be glad to know, but it seems as if the rules on top up may have changed.

crisjones

Visit site
I topped our PAYG Wind data SIM online at https://www.wind.gr/en/for-individu...mobile-broadband-without-contract/fast-topup/ Last top up was done about a week ago and the website is still live so I assume nothing has changed. You can pay with Paypal or Credit Card, I use the 5Gb for 1 month at €15 option. Maybe some better deals around now but it suits our needs and is simple to top-up as long as you are online. Wind coverage in the Ionian seems pretty good to me.

santelmo

Visit site
I topped our PAYG Wind data SIM online at https://www.wind.gr/en/for-individu...mobile-broadband-without-contract/fast-topup/ Last top up was done about a week ago and the website is still live so I assume nothing has changed. You can pay with Paypal or Credit Card, I use the 5Gb for 1 month at €15 option. Maybe some better deals around now but it suits our needs and is simple to top-up as long as you are online. Wind coverage in the Ionian seems pretty good to me.

that sounds like a good offer its less than I paid last summer and I dont remember seeing it on their web site. Did you get it from a wind shop and which one. I will be in Preveza middle of the week.

crisjones

Visit site
I think I got the original SIM from Wind in Chalkis but that was a couple of years ago, I seem to remember that you got 6GB for €15 for the first month as a special offer but ever since we have topped up on line at the link in my first post. Always got 5GB for €15 and it lasts for 30 days. Unfortunately you are limited to only one top up per 30 days so it can be a problem if you occasionally need more data for short periods - eg guests on board. Easy to get another SIM or just use cafe wifi for the extra.
No idea what the in shop deals are at the moment but a search round the website should give you a clue.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
With the changes to European roaming coming into force, it means that you will be able to use your full UK package on all providers by June 15. Vodafone has announced this already - O2 has announced for business.

This means that the easiest way to have comms on board now will be to use your own phones Hotspot and just share with others your UK data package.

Hopefully this takes away the need to deal with the truly impossible greek providers for monthly renewals - almost worse than Port Police!

Maybe by 2019 we will be back to square one!

TonyMS

www.montgomery-smith.org
Hi Viv
I just have my PayPal account linked to an ordinary sterling CC. Last year it didn't work, this year it does. Hallelujah!

Don't forget that money on your Cosmote account evaporates - aftercare 6 months I think. On the other hand, the SIM can be reactivated after a long interval.

Tony

Last edited:

SteveSarabande

Visit site
With the changes to European roaming coming into force, it means that you will be able to use your full UK package on all providers by June 15. Vodafone has announced this already - O2 has announced for business.

This means that the easiest way to have comms on board now will be to use your own phones Hotspot and just share with others your UK data package.

Hopefully this takes away the need to deal with the truly impossible greek providers for monthly renewals - almost worse than Port Police!

Maybe by 2019 we will be back to square one!

see this link
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...-stop-firms-charging-some-extra-fees-for-data

it seems data won't be completely free, and you may not get all of your UK allowance

jordanbasset

Visit site