Whiting Bay, Arran

Alistairr

Visit site
Yes, there are 4 buoys in a line just out from the post office in the middle of the town.
I don't know who owns them, but I've seen a variety of boats on them through the summer.
I think they are well maintained too.

Cheers

Al.

Viscount

Visit site
I'm Troon based so almost anytime really but I don't want to use moorings that are private without the owners' consent. Any ideas who might know who I can contact about that?

theforeman

Visit site
Whiting Bay, Isle of Arran Added Sept 2008

Just south of Lamlash, 4 moorings operated by local business community. No charge. Shops ashore. Exposed in all but a gentle westerly.
( courtesy of www.bluemoment.com )

Al Dickson

Visit site
They had gone when we went for a walk on the beach 2 weeks ago but are probably just being serviced & will be back soon - i'll check next time we are over in a fortnight (with the new boat yippee) - plenty public ones round at Lamlash until then

Al Dickson

Visit site
Not me Al

We are based in Lamlash but I have a pal who has a yellow one with a black stripe up the side - normally parked up the drive of his house opposite the shops in Whiting Bay.

Cant think of any other yellow ones

Alan

Alistairr

Visit site
Thats the one. Seen it about a few times. We are over in Whiting Bay quite a lot.
Saw him and the kids having great fun in it last year, he was with another boat, possibly you, Early August hols?

Al.

Al Dickson

Visit site
Could have been - we have (or now have for sale) a Valiant 620 with grey/blue tubes and a silly fin - Sandy also has a pal with a white Brig Eagle + silly fin who drives it like he stole it.

Will be over easter hols and all summer- just taken the plunge & bought a Nordstar 31 which will go on a mooring at Lamlash & so in the process of downsizing the inflatable !

Will keep a lookout /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Alan