Whitby fuel availability

snowbird30ds

Norfolk broads based, coast when time allows.
Visit site
Does anyone on here know the fuel situation at whitby? I see mention of cans only from the chandlery but how many can they supply and how far is it from the visitor moorings? Do they loan cans or do need to carry a load myself?
I want to plan a visit by boat but will need to pickup 200-300 litres of diesel there or I will be staying there permanently.
Similar question for scarborough I guess as it's on the way with the same problems mentioned.

alandalus11

Visit site
Fuel is available at the harbour masters office at Whitby from a small pump but the maximum available is 100 litres.

They have a local agent that can open up the commercial fuel pontoon but you will need to give them notice. It could take a couple of hours for them to get down so if you are in a rush you need to factor that into account.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
As said, fuel is available from the Harbour Master, but the pump is on shore, and you have to use cans to transport the fuel to the boat. It isn't far from the vistor berths. I purchased a large container from the chandlery and used that - I think it was 50 l, and there was no problem filling that. I then used a syphon to fill my tank. I don't see it being a problem to do that several times. So the answer is yes, it is available, but it isn't terribly convenient. The commercial pontoon mentioned above sounds like a better bet for you - I only needed about 30l, and then took the 50 l container as a reserve.