Which way are people heading after the mark?

Dipper

Visit site
Staying North of the line keeps you in steady winds but is a long slow beat.

Heading South will give better boat speed but the weather is very changeable and there are a few mini doldrums about. Lots of course changes may be required.

Hmm. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dipper

Visit site
Judging by my last course change attempt, New York looks a strong possibility. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frontier

Visit site
well my track is like a demented drunken snail, but maybe a not so fast! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif where i'm going? who knows! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fireball

Visit site
Erm - we're going to Cape Town ... directly there usually - if you want to go via the southern ocean, underneath Oz etc etc then be our guests ... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

flaming

Visit site
My view is if you go east you're basically banking on not losing too many places. You'll probably finish about the same as your ranking at the mark.

Going south has the potential for big gains, and big losses.

The holy grail of south is a southern ocean low right down south, but you're probably not going to be south in time to catch anything that we can currently see... So you're relying on something else coming along at the right time....

Given that my boat is called slotmachine... Guess which way I'm going!?

Dipper

Visit site
And there was me thinking you were going to pull into Rio for the carnival. Your crew will be very upset.

Spyro

Visit site
Can't argue with that, think how boring it would be if we all went east /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Spyro

Visit site
Interesting strategy /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
I've removed the mast and keel, and installed two humongous 400 HP diesels, as I can't see anyother way of winning now! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dipper

Visit site
I'm going to risk South but it looks a bit labour intensive.

I sense a divorce coming on. She can have the house as long as I get the computer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif