where is weirdest place you have woken up?

CliveG

Visit site
Not me, but a Labourer working for me on a buiding site.
Working and lodging in Cambridge.
One evening he decided to pop home, by train, to his house outside Kings Lynn to check all was well.

Caught the last train back to Cambridge and fell asleep.
Woke up when the train arrived in London!

Caught the 1st train back to Cambridge.
Woke up when the train arrived in Norwich!

Caught the next train back to Cambridge and managed to be awake to get off there.

Arrived on site at 11.00 and has had his leg pulled about it ever since.

Same chap a few weeks later was left on site to lock up after some sub-contractors had finished some late working.
We arrived on site to find every thing unlocked and his self sat bolt upright in the site office, fast asleep!

No he didn't get overtime for the all night shift. Just a lot of stick.

Windfall

Visit site
Many years ago in before Cherbourg turned into one giant marina.....we woke from an after dinner nap to find that we had dragged our anchor clean across the harbour (& missed all the boats on the way) and we were hard up against the shore underneath the jaws of the travel hoist. Scrambled out into the cockpit to see what was going on to find ourselves staring up into the faces of dozens of French yachties staring down at us from the yacht club bar.

kingfisher

Visit site
Bowling alley.

The pub I rented for a private birthday party had a small bowling alley in the back. I got so pissed, my mates dragged me from the toilet ("calling god on the big white telephone"), and let me sleep on the bowling alley. I can asure you, it takes a few minutes to get your bearings when you wake up looking at a ball with three holes in it.

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com