Where do I go from here? Crew Available S.E. UK

Redbeard

Hello. i'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I've been lurking on these forums for about 2 years while I daydream about sailing.

I grew up sailing and racing dinghies ( I raced a 470 for most of the late 80's) and having the odd day out on yachts. I then dropped out of sailing for about 25 years apart from the odd bit of windsurfing and dinghy sailing on holidays. Decided that I should get back into it and so spent the last 6 months getting up to somewhere near Yachtmaster standard on the theory (except celestial Nav!). Just got my Day Skipper (tidal) with a view to a flotilla holiday in the Med next year funds permitting.

So, where do I go from here? I don't feel ready to charter a yacht on my own in UK waters yet, a skippered charter for me and the family seems to run to about £500 a day which is a bit much. I'm desperate to get a bit of sailing in over the summer and gain some more experience on 'big boats'.

So, if anyone needs a crew for odd days/wknds (inc midweek) please let me know. I'm based on the Herts/Bucks border so the Solent and East Coast are equally easy to get to. My 16 yr old daughter also did Comp Crew at the same time I did my Day Skipper so if more than one needed all the better. I'm a 45 yr old professional, house trained, also quite handy with anything mechanical/electrical.

Thanks

Redbeard

Got your message thanks Phil and I've sent you an email. I seem to be having trouble with the private messaging.

regards
Nick