Where could I find a used Yanmar 1GM10?

seanfoster

Visit site
I'm looking for a replacement Yanmar 1GM10 for my (sick) boat after the original engine looks like there's nothing more I can do for it (Waterlock)
I doubt very much I could afford a new one, does anyone know what a decent used one would go for? I don't know where to start looking!

Laundryman

Live in Hemel Hempstead, Boat is in Haslar.
Visit site
Try Fowey Harbour Marine Engineers, call Nige on 07876610399. I bought a recon from them last week and they took my old one in part ex. They will then recon my old one for a similar deal. Easy people to deal with, they know their business. I paid £1100. The engine looks like new though its too early to say how good it is. They are a long way away, but the 1gm fits in the boot of a car! Good Luck!

oakum

Visit site
"Just one thing, call me thick, but how do you get the engine in and out of your boot? "

With a shoehorn /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
... but how do you get the engine in and out of your boot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, No, NO!!

You've got it back to front .....

First you take one OUT, and then you get the next one in!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wiggy

Visit site
I've got a used one in my boat, gets used lots during the summer, you could rent it for the winter months when I don't need it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but otherwise keep your hands off!

Laundryman

Live in Hemel Hempstead, Boat is in Haslar.
Visit site
If you dont have time or are just not that way inclined, find someone to do it for you and pay the labour ( at a guess between £100 to £200). If you are capable,you will need another pair of hands to help lift the engine out, possibly using a whinch over the boom. A couple of bits of wood and some tube to use as rollers. 2 people can lift a 1gm10 complete with gearbox.

Spuddy

Visit site
There's also Marine Power, Solent way who have recons sometimes. As to boot....I got one in back of a Focus; wrapped bits of rope around for choice of handling and two of us got it in with no osteopathy aftercare needed.