WHERE CAN I GO?

JOHNAMOR

Visit site
Prior to last summer (2002) I had a Princess 46 Riviera but that August was fortunate enough to be able to buy a Maiora 22 (Italian, 1986, actual length 22.88 meters inc. bathing platform, draft just over 2 meters, twin Detroit 852hp, stabilisers, 5 double cabins with showers and heads, all mod. cons).

No, had not won the lottery - combination of being in the right place at the right time (elderly owner based in S.of France had died, prospective sale had fallen through so family willing to accept low bid) and the big point - had that spring allready finally decided that I had had quite enough of South Coast marina fees and had moved my boat to Cherbourg (great facilities in the new marina at the Basin du Commerce, right in the centre of the town) - cost £1,650 for the year including electricity instead of £11,000! Then learnt that even a 22 meter would be only £1,750 (as opposed to around £20,000 in Poole!).

Spent 6 weeks working on it to get it ready to travel (boat had not been used for several years) then took it from Baie de Anges (just west of Monte Carlo) to Barcelona then over to Majorca (from where it was piggy-backed to Southampton). I put it into Poole for the 6 weeks mid-October to end of November (that cost the same as a whole year in Cherbourg!) while doing some more works then took it to it's berth in Cherbourg at the start of December.

But now the question - bearing in mind the size, which Northern France marinas can I visit?. Any advice would be appreciated as in the past I have tended to go only to Guernsey. Jersey, Dialette, Cataret, St.Quay & Paimpol and, in particular, have never gone east along the coast.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ecudc

Visit site
£20,000 to keep a boat in Pool (OK I know it's big)..........to quote my favourite friends character "OH.........MY...........GOD". Any idea how I can go about setting up a marina?

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Well, I'd first go to the MoBo forum. I cant get any sence out of this lot and I've been trying for years!!........./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Have you thought of flogging it and buying something smaller. I find my P35 has loads of room for anything I want to do and anything bigger would just be a nuisance and limit where I could go. Guess you have found the same problem.

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue>It's flog a flag day.<font color=red> Today.<font color=blue>

Haydn