Where can I buy this trunking stuff?

Refueler

Visit site
Trunking ... I despair of boat systems ....

I have two boats now that need wiring sorted .... all looks nice and neat with tied back - clipped wires - but they disappear behind panels etc. If the installer had used tubing behind the panels - then there would be no need to remove panels .. cables could be drawn with 'mouse lines' attached etc etc .. new cables pulled through ...

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Trunking ... I despair of boat systems ....

I have two boats now that need wiring sorted .... all looks nice and neat with tied back - clipped wires - but they disappear behind panels etc. If the installer had used tubing behind the panels - then there would be no need to remove panels .. cables could be drawn with 'mouse lines' attached etc etc .. new cables pulled through ...
I like the ones where they cable tied 1000 wires together, then fed them through somewhere, now i just need to remove one......

Even better, boats like one i worked on where the wiring to the mast, including radar etc, was fitted between cabinetry and the hull, before the deck was fitted. The head lining was moulded in and it was totally impossible to replace the radar wiring.

Last edited:

Refueler

Visit site
I like the ones where they cable tied 1000 wires together, then fed them through somewhere, now i just need to remove one......

Even better, boats like one i worked on where the wiring to the mast, including radar etc, was fitted between cabinetry and the hull, before the deck was fitted. The head lining was moulded in and it was totally impossible to replace the radar wiring.

Don't you just love it !!

Refueler

Visit site
Another lovely item ..... people who insist on using cheap supermarket insulating tape to secure cables together .... fine until it starts to peel ... and then the gooey adhesive gets everywhere when you have to remove it ... especially if used round engine bay !