what's in a name??

Olly

Visit site
what\'s in a name??

hello all

Thinking of boats on the comute to london, as I do.

I wondered, what is the score with second hand boats and the name.
say I don't like the sound of "Tax rebate III" or "Big Bonus II" . oops no offence to anyone who owns a "Tax rebate III" or "Big Bonus II"!!.
Can I change the name... "BismarkII"??, maybe not that then but something nice.
Any comments will make me smile:)
thanks
Olly

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: what\'s in a name??

You can call a boat basically whatever you want, unless it's a swear word (obscene) then you would probably be told to change it, but as a matter of fact I don't know who by, the cops I guess. If the vessel is part one registered, thenits difficult to change the name, unless you give up the part one. If you wish to keep it, you have to ask for the name you want, if somebody elkse has it, you don't get it. Part two registration is different I think, don't know never done it.

scottie

Visit site

It is considered back luck to change a boats name unless the previous owner retains it
yes its superstition but it seems to be the case too often.

Col

Visit site

If a boat is Pt 1 reg It will cost you £69 to change ownership details, and another
£30 to change the name, they will check if the name you want is available, if it is, you can have it. You might have to settle on a compromise, eg: if there is already an "Empty wallet" registered, you could have "Empty wallet of Exmouth" or
"Empty wallet II"
Good luck.

hlb

RIP
Visit site

After all the crap. It's only a boat. So just call it anything you want. Unless it's Qe2 then just tell em your only paying X if Y is Ok. So still call the boat Sandra. Just like before. Except with all agreament. It's not complicated!!

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn