What Gas Ireland/France/Spain?

gtuson

Visit site
Currently set up with Calor 4.5kg butane and Uk connection. Could get cylinders in Dublin, but not available further west, it seems. Can change to Camping Gaz, as believe available in France and Spain as well as Ireland - but expensive start up(60 euro for bottle) and only 2.5 kg - refills then twice the price of Calor... Interested to know if good alternatives to Camping Gaz available in France and Spain - or if Camping Gaz is cheaper in France and Spain than in Ireland. Want to avoid switching to Irish Flogas(new bottles/new connections) and then switching again in a couple of months to a french system and then again to a Spanish one!!! Any experience out there to help with this one?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sailorbuoy

Visit site
Take a straight through connector Calor/tapered spigot also a Calor/Gaz.

In Spain purchase a straight through unregulated clip on gas connector( say it is for a blow lamp) from a friendly 'ferretaria' then borrow a gas cylinder, fill up all yours and return the cylinder.
When doing the syphon keep the top bottle warm in the sun and the empty bottle in the cool (in a bucket) you cant overfill.
Good luck!

<hr width=100% size=1>Sailorbuoy

Windchase

Visit site
Just want to check i understand this - all that needs to be arranged is an unobstructed tube between the 2 bottles? And the temperature and height difference does the rest?

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Think thats all they did, when filling mine in Saudi. It's a long time ago!

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn

colvic

Visit site
Gas is a fraction of the cost in Spain as it is in UK. Camping gaz is under€5 for a refil and a new full cylinder is just over €20. erreterias are the cheapest and lots of them fill cylinders on the premises.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>