What are these guard rail parts called

Cassy

www.monteviste.co.uk
I've moved my boat down to Spain. The mooring system here is not finger pontoon based but rather bow or stern to. For various reasons it is best for me to go bow to, but clambering over the pulpit is not an option - too cumbersome. One option would be to duplicate the starboard side guard-rail (wire) opening. I could then install a gangplank of some kind. I would simply need to duplicate the exsting system just aft of the starboard pulpit rail.

Why don't you just move the existing opening along a bit? Because the existing opening is superb exactly where it is for reasons too numerous to list.

These are the parts that make up the 'gate' hook arrangement. What are these parts called and where would I be able to source them? The local chandler here in Spain has never seen anything like it and wouldn't have a clue where to source the parts from:

IMG_20160617_162913.jpg
IMG_20160617_163107.jpg
IMG_20160617_163016.jpg

Any help offered here would be very thankfully received :)

Keen_Ed

Visit site
Hooks look like standard Wichard drop forged hooks. There are better solutions - pelican hooks. Means the wire can be under tension when closed.

A-WICHARD-12837-0003.jpg

Last edited:

Tranona

Visit site
Pelican hooks are best for this application as they will tension the wires when you reattach them. You can get them with screw fittings to attach to the wires, but you may have to shorten your wire. See p133 of the Force 4 catalogue.