What a LOVELY boat!

G

Dear IPC,

Your product reviews risk hurting the feelings of owners of some duff products.

Please keep using nice, gentle words. Please don't say the "cabin sole was made of domestic ply with a single coat of sprayed varnish of the roughly cut,, unsanded on one side, scraps of delaminating wood", say "the discenring owner may wish to improve".

Try more words such as 'nice' 'maybe' 'some' 'little', avoid saying "she flexes and twists as she pounds to windward" and think of some cushy comment about the galley harness.

Please don't review a bad restaurant, say by telling the readership that the XXX up to starboard on the H****** River serves cold food and has no landing stage ... instead tell people only about the great places to eat (such as the Shipwrights Arms on the Helford River, no food on Mondays).

Above all, if anyone on the forum should mutter anything negative about any product, magazine or (God Forbid) marina, then have your system administrator excercise his esteemed good judgement and decide for the rest of us what we should and should not read.

Apparently, 50 of us were talking of something which offended Mr. Hollamby just yesterday, but he saw the errors of our ways and we feel suitably chastised now). We promise we won't ask any more awkward questions. Just nice ones from now on.

Otherwise, we might make a decision for ourselves!

Your's humbly,

Humperdinck
hj@seacracker.org

<hr width=100% size=1>Humperdinck

Email: HJ@Seacracker.org

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Hi Humperdinck,

Thanks for your extended private message just now in which you claimed I am trying to do damage to the liveaboard community. I have read it with consideration, just as I have read Noah's recent PMs to me outlining the various ways in which he believes I am acting against his interests with regard to his case with Crest Nicholson. As he has such a good dialogue going on with them I am surprised he hasn't discovered that I have had no contact with the marina operator, at headquarters or Penarth Marina level, since I visited there on a boat in 1999.

I counter by stating quite simply that I did the liveaboard community a big favour by removing the thread to which you refer. The liveaboards I know and respect are not especially combative, they do not speak vaguely in the third person, or introduce themselves as 'nutty' when trying to make a serious point. They tend to look out for the boating community at large and engage at several levels.

I also counter by stating that I was responding to an increasing series of complaints from users here themselves about the increasingly repetitive and not always comprehensible posts regarding the misfortunes of mv Picton in Penarth. What was about to break out was an equally unhealthy dose of counter comment -- it might disappoint you but I am not holding sway over the bulletin board equivalent of a Gosport pub on a Friday night in the 1970s. So for everyones' health, Noah's included, I pulled the thread and the developing counter-thread that had followed it on the basis that both had seeds of personal abuse in them that weren't going to die in a hurry.

I sincerely hope Noah sorts his problems out, one way or the other, but to suggest I am trying to turn this forum into Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, or to assist in the destruction of the liveaboard way of life, is offensive and completely off the target.

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by kimhollamby on 02/06/2003 20:07 (server time).</FONT></P>

graham

Visit site
May I respectfully suggest that we all think of something else to get hot under the collar about.

This discussion allways ends up in bad feeling whenever it raises its ugly head.

<hr width=100% size=1>