What a great sail

simplesimon

Visit site
Friday night racing was cancelled so we decided to go out for a play.
fun sailing in force 6 gusting much higher.
2 reefs in the main and a flag of jenny out the front and we had a lot of fun beating to windward going up the river
Clicky

great laugh and as we just had got the roller furling fixed was a good opportunity to test it under stress, it held /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif at one point we had a gust of 37 knots /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hope everyone else had a good weekend

Cheers

Simon

Sixpence

Visit site
Looks like you had a good weekend Simon, still weedbound here but the nice man from the EA has been pulling out all the stops to help release me from its hold. Hope to see you at the Heybridge Basin meet

simplesimon

Visit site
Cant make the basin meet Im afraid Im booked up to bring a mates boat back from torquay,
went up to heybridge yesterday though with WMYC
I had to abandon ship as soon as we got in because i had family trouble again /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

feels so good to be back on the water though.

if you need a hand to bring sixpence down send me a message and ill see if i can help

Cheers

Simon

Hunson

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
went up to heybridge yesterday though with WMYC

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh so that was one of your noisey bunch on the sea wall blaring out his air horn. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice video also by the way.

simplesimon

Visit site
Im surprised no-one has commented that i need to move the genoa cars forward and that the reef line needs tightening to stop the main flapping about /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif did cross my mind but at the time the boat was going well and i didn't think it would make much difference to her

and sorry about the noise guv it werent me honest /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hunson

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

and sorry about the noise guv it werent me honest /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That then means you were one of those that were milling about at the lock entrance bouy that I had to navigate around as I came off my mooring /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There were some very nice looking boats about.