we're off and help!!

jonic

www.jryachts.com
we\'re off and help!!

At last after months and months of looking we have found her. Westerly corasir, way behind in our time plans but very happy. Hope to set off in June down to Med and then beyond. Would you believe it the day after we found her my wife to be...we marry in may just before we leave.....got made redundant...Yippee!

But we have a problem....boat is in Port Solent and the yard who were taking her in now, suddenly can't take her untill 1st of may. Berth expires end of march and premier want 500 quid for the month. Asked if we could have a cheap deal as a kind of wedding pressie/good luck around the world gift but no joy. Anyone have a cheap berth near by?

Also we have year old Beneteau 311 clipper which will be a bit of a bargain, a 3 bed house in Sovereign harbour for rent and a two bed flat in barons court to rent too. Help!!!

Thanks all

John and Nicola

G

Re: we\'re off and help!!

Glad you have found your boat but it sounds as though you have just too much to squeeze into a couple of months. We have been getting our boat ready for three years and it still looks like we will be a month late in going! I wish you luck. If your Corsair is ready, why don't you take her to France, it is much cheaper there and there are marinas in Brittany that would give you a good deal for a couple of months.

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Re: we\'re off and help!!

yes, we know time is not how we would have liked. We have been preparing for about six months, as in courses, cruising in our beneteau and buying equipment.
We really thought we we would have found the boat in octoberish of last year.Luckilly she is kitted for a cruise that didn't happen and the survey recommendations are very very few and very minor. Today David at Trafalgar yachts......the ex westerly man....... has offered to give us his son's mooring and handle the fit out, which is great news.So we will see how it goes and take it from there.Priority is to be in the cannaries for the arc.
I undrestand that is your plan too?