We're back..

Moose

Visit site
We\'re back..

Well, we didn't go to Brighton in the end, after battleing out to the Nab Tower and turning east , decided that we could not put up with 35 miles of ploughing into the wind and tide* so; Quick U-Turn and we ended up in 'Puerto Solente' where we stayed the night.
This morning left "Puerto Solente" and headed up to Swanwick to have lunch, I called up "Swanwick Marina" on channel 80 about 10 times and got no reply so we found a nice berth and 'parked'. Left Swanick to go and say hello to John Watson at Hamble Point, when we got there we fund that he had 'Gone home early!' Typical!
Anyway we are now back at Chichester safe, but never saw any of the MoBo brigade around the Solent
*I will never trust the Met Office when they say F3/4 and Slight/Mod seas, because out near the Nab it was "Rough"
Sorry to have bored you!

WHOEVER IT WAS THAT STUCK A £1 COIN TO THE PAVEMENT OUTSIDE THE OFFICE AT PORT SOLENT, I MANAGED TO GET IT OFF WITH MY NEW LEATHERMAN BUT BROUGHT HALF THE PAVEMENT WITH IT!!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
moosewalk.gif

Moose

ballena

Visit site
Re: We\'re back..

I agree abouth the weather, had a rough old trip back from Portsmouth to Langstone yesterday, could only manage about 12 - 15 Knots.

Saturday was not much better, tough going in a 24foot boat.

Home safe though,

<hr width=100% size=1>V8's rule!

Renegade_Master

Visit site

I never trust em either after a Westerley F3-4 turned into F5-6 once. Also when they say "sea state slight" dont read much into that, yes it could be slight to a cross channel ferry, but lumpy for us. I mean who they talking too? As for moderate well !

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

G

Surely it was relatively better to punch a foul tide and lose a little time, but ensuring that wind and tidal stream were not against each other. Which would be better plan next time?
Meanwhile it is possible that local winds were lighter on Sunday.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jwatson

Visit site

Gone home early? Never. I was out counting the white boats in the marina in order to know who to send our new 'premium-colour surcharge' invoices to.....

<hr width=100% size=1>