Well, I'm back...

Metabarca

Visit site
Well, I\'m back...

... and wasn't it fun?!
day one: Trieste to Umag. Light breeze to Piran, then motored. Funny vibrations.
day two: Umag to Novigrad. Breezy scirroco from SW, eventually gusting 40 knots. Only mainsail 'cos wife ill (not seasick, tho') so made about 10 miles for every 1 in the right direction. Water pump spewing water into bilge. Heavy vibration. Wife has to bail 'cos manual bailer not working. Gave up at Novigrad. Got ripped off at restaurant.
day three: battery flat. Start engine manually. Set off for Valalta. Pissing with torrential rain. Flat calm. Bail. Arrive Valalta. Check water pump: gasket blown. No spare. Check inverter: ok. Check prop: blade missing off folding prop... Excellent dinner in countryside.
day four: sun and breeze (still scirocco). Set off for Rovinj about an hour away. Arrive in marina. Within an hour, highly efficient mechanics have fixed pump and supplied new battery. Boat lifted on to hard. No prop to be had but one could be made within 24 hours in Rijeka (about euro 200). Got shat upon by seagull. Phone call to Trieste: my lucky day (at last!). Dinner at cheapo waterfront restaurant. Hire bikes and pedal round town and seaside park.
day five: Prop arrives and by lunch we're ready. Wind's gusting too much for safe launch. Wait. eat. Drink. 6 pm, we're off, back to Valalta on the Limski Kanal. Great meal on board with friends and their boat.
day six: rotten weather forecast so opt to go home before bora finds us on wrong side of punta Salvore for return to Trieste. Great sail to Umag with everything flying. Dinner on board.
day seven: bright sunlight... s...t Check out of Croatia and head for Piran in brisk scirocco. Lunch on waterfront: fish, more fish, wine, sorbet, pelinkovac, etc (euro 25 each), then back to Trieste.
Next days: wonderful sun, light breezes, 20-25°C.
So, all in all, a fairly typical cruise I would say. Strange to say, the wife's hooked!

A few pics are available here: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html>http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html

claymore

Visit site
Re: Well, I\'m back...

Sounds to have been a good trip. with the exception of the weather which sounded a tad chilly at 20 - 25 - it could for all the world have been your average week on the Clyde.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif