Weather

c_j

Visit site
I must admit that I did not realise what a great difference the weather would make to my boating.

When we first got the boat bug we would go out in almost any temperature albeit not that windy. But now we are awaiting the long hot summer to really use our investment and I see the days of summer passing without any good opportunities. We are in an expensive marina with, for us, an expensive boat and I am beginning to wonder if the halcyon days of summer will ever start. OK I know that the kids are not off school yet but I hoped to have mates aboard for the odd beery trip to the IOW and it just has not been good enough. I dont want to go boating in the Med with all the flight implications and stuff but it really is pi**ing me off now.

I could get a lot of Holidays for what my boating costs.

Help!

CJ
chris@stone.uk.com

www.stone.uk.com

BarryD

Visit site
Agree all c_j. As novices we are waiting and hoping as well... I'm getting tempted to offer a half share in the boat to someone brave enough to go out <G>

So you unscrew this, and put it safely here, then oopps...
All - IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI

G

Been boating ten years, and I agree it is crap. In the old days, it was always sunny. It used to snow at Christmas, too. Proper stuff, mind, not this damp white crap you get nowadays. And the records the kids listen to. Call that music? Cos I don't. Songs should have tunes, shouldn't they?

Actually, our kids are getting to the age where they like staying on the boat even if we never go anywhere. As long as there's a park nearby, they're happy. I f we go there in th etender, even better. SO as long as it doesn't rain, we're OK. Oh bugger, it's raining again, isn't it?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Exactly my sentiments except SWMBO has decreed we must seriously think about the Med. Just postponed our 2 week W Country cruise which should have started on Saturday as memory of spending Jubilee week in the rain in Cherbourg is still too fresh and long term forecast looks variable to say the least
If you remember we had our summer in April, just we didnt notice it

azzurro

Visit site
Too right, it all seems like a waste of money and what about the time spent scrutinising the weather forecasts waiting for a glimmer of hope!! Supposed to be going to Cherbourg on Friday but looks doubtful at the moment - different forecasters offer different synopsis, do you pick the one you like best and go with that? Makes you wonder if its worth it though.
Roll on winter, at least with the boat laid up you can get on with something else.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Its my fault!

When I was buying my first boat last September the weather was great. It was even great in October whilst I was getting all the engines serviced etc BUT the moment my boat was ready the weather has been terribel and strayed terrible.

My friends call it the 'Burgess factor', which simply put means 'if things can go wrong - they will go wrong'

So I reckon this bad weather is totally down to the fact that I bought a boat. If I had not bought it, you would all be having glorious trips all over the place by now!

Sorry :)

Paul

Paul

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Re: Sell it....now.....today.....

I am trying to sell it honest ...... I want to buy a 60 foot jet boat that will cope with the weather .... mind you, that could bring hurricanes to the UK ... and it would all be my fault.....

Paul