Weather !!

G

This summer has been diabolical , I've had better conditions in Nov. Dec. Than recent weeks . My theory is that the weather more or less stays the same all year round now. All that really changes is the lighter nights during the so called summer . Your wardrobe doesn't need to change anymore i'm sure your wearing clothes that could be worn in winter now.
The sea temp varies about 10o c. between summer and winter. So much for global warming ! The only good thing is the "Romford Navy " are stuck in port this season. Although i have seen a few renegrades between the piers in Brighton. But there is no one to pose to on the beach. So the moment is short lived and they return to towing there jet skis behind thier BMW convertibles to a country pub.

andyball

Visit site
we've been out loads of times from hayling island....poor weather seems only to have been the last week, yesterday evening was superb......but hardly anyone else about :great.

Maybe Brighton attracts the worst weather?

G

Andy, a combination of prevailing southwesterlies rarely dropping below F3, plus shallow waters does mean
conditions outside Brighton are generaly crap. As Mark says the winter months can be better in that, frosty
high pressure mornings provide calm seas due to no wind.

CGN

Other threads that may be of interest