Weather in the Med

sailaboutvic

Visit site
What's happening to the weather in the Med , 3c to night , it be snowing next .
We had ice on the pontoon in Greece once but I can't remember temps down to 3 c this far south in Sicily .
At less the days are still sunny and mostly warm but even day time temperature have drop from 16c last week to 9c to morrow .
Maybe we just been out here too long .
Electric blanket going back on to night.

Those where the days when we could hear the thin ice crack as we motored out the Suffolk rivers on a Dec sail or a ices cold sail to France in Feb with three layers of clothes ,
Worry about bring the boat back to the UK and having to pay VAT again , NO way , not a chance in a million could I take the cold northern weather again, leave that for the younger guys .

Crisby

Visit site
What's happening to the weather in the Med , 3c to night , it be snowing next .
We had ice on the pontoon in Greece once but I can't remember temps down to 3 c this far south in Sicily .
At less the days are still sunny and mostly warm but even day time temperature have drop from 16c last week to 9c to morrow .
Maybe we just been out here too long .
Electric blanket going back on to night.

Those where the days when we could hear the thin ice crack as we motored out the Suffolk rivers on a Dec sail or a ices cold sail to France in Feb with three layers of clothes ,
Worry about bring the boat back to the UK and having to pay VAT again , NO way , not a chance in a million could I take the cold northern weather again, leave that for the younger guys .
Vic, after my post about where to winter in the Med I will now have to explain this post to my wife with references to temporary inverse affects of global warming or some other made up waffle!!

Chris

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic, after my post about where to winter in the Med I will now have to explain this post to my wife with references to temporary inverse affects of global warming or some other made up waffle!!

Chris
I'm sure you can come up with some thing , on the bright side it's been around 16c most days and night 12c and once this week pass it's up to 17c day time .

nortada

Visit site
Beautiful here in Lagos, as it was yesterday and will be tomorrow. (y)

We had winter last week but now the almond blossom is in full bloom so we are full on into spring.?

Sorry, for the thread drift, just remembered at 38N and 8W, Lagos is most definitely not in the Med.??

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Isn't that normal for up there? Winters in that area always seem cold, wet and windy.
Hi if that refers to me, its been dry and in the high teens for most of January ,shorts and tee shirt weather, I think we have about another week of poor weather and its back up there again .
Hopefully

Last edited:

madabouttheboat

Visit site
It always makes me chuckle how the locals in the Med are dressed up in coats and hats during the spring and autumn while I walk around in a T shirt. 16*C to them is cold, to me its a lovely tempreture. Personally I don't like it too hot. I get grumpy when it goes above 24*C.

capnsensible

Visit site
Hi if that refers to me, its been dry and in the high teens for most of January ,shorts and tee shirt weather, I think we have about another week of poor weather and its back up there again .
Hopefully
Just a general comment, really, don't think the med has the best of winters. February March and April, in the west part can be damp and windy. Plus every year one can read of storms etc in places from Italy through Greece to Syria.

I've moved even further south and it's still a mixed bunch in February and March.,

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Good news its been three nights of temperature dropping as low as 3c but From now on they will start going up again .
It's been bloody cold for this part of the Med , luckily day time weather been sunny and warm under the cockpit canopy , its been Tshirt weather but as soon as the sun drops it's put layers on time .